- -- There is no solitude in a forest. --
Search this site:
My 10 Most Recent Posts
- Virtually Private June 10, 2013
- Buddy Waits May 26, 2013
- Fern Lifts Leaf, Mind and Body May 26, 2013
- Nibbles of Balsamea May 24, 2013
- Moose Scat May 23, 2013
- Last of the Snow Tracks May 23, 2013
- Spring 2013 – Early April May 18, 2013
- Get your own road, kitty May 8, 2013
- A word about Balsamea’s snowshoe paths March 28, 2013
- Balsamea Winter: daily walking snowshoe paths March 28, 2013
Recently caught my eye:
- Forest Fire Prevention Spokesperson Bob Hope born May 29, 1903 May 30, 2013Okay, so if you’re under the age of 50, maybe you’re scratching your head, wondering, “Who is Bob Hope?” Most famously a comedian and comic actor, he was also a great fan of many sports, and a prominent golfer, who championed the game as a player and promoter. He played in as many as 150 […]
- Green Everett Partnership Seeks Volunteer Forest Stewards May 28, 2013Reblogged from Green City Partnerships: The Green Everett Partnership is now recruiting volunteer Forest Stewards to implement restoration projects and lead groups of volunteers to rebuild healthy native plant communities within Everett's forested parks and natural areas. Everett Parks Need You! Join a Team of Volunteer Leaders Learn about ecological re […]
- Forest Fire Prevention Spokesperson Bob Hope born May 29, 1903 May 30, 2013
THEBALSAMEAN.COM (a.k.a. thebalsamean.wordpress.com) is a publication founded March 2, 2012 by its creator and owner, Dennis Koenig d/b/a The Balsamean, Saranac, New York.
Except for comments posted by visitors or where otherwise indicated, ALL CONTENT of this web site, thebalsamean.com, in all forms and delivered by any method is Copyright © 2012, 2013 by Dennis Koenig. All rights reserved.
"The Balsamean™" and "Scribblements from Balsamea™" are trademarks of Dennis Koenig.
For further information, see the Contact Me page to send me email.
Category Archives: Flowers
These little Balsameans (and Adirondack natives) have gathered here for no reason but to please The Balsamean. Maybe you’ll enjoy it, too. This is one case where clicking a picture will NOT get you a bigger view. They are just … Continue reading
Sing along: “It’s beginning to look a lot like April!” If you don’t know the tune, write me and ask for it. Just kidding. Here it is, as written and sung by the great Johnny Mathis (biography): If your brain … Continue reading
It takes time to smell the roses! I suspect it will be a recurring theme in my scribblements, as it is increasingly recurring in my head: half the joy of a blessing is sharing it. That leaves me with a … Continue reading